Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Long Live Redheads

Seriously though, redheads rule. I might be a bit biased in saying that as I have red - or, as I prefer to call it, strawberry blonde - hair but in the age of stupid South Park episodes and incredibly ignorant acts like this, my hair colour needs all the positive reinforcement it can get. While I used to hate my hair colour when I was younger because it made me stick out from my peers and led them to call me not-so-brilliant nicknames, I love my hair now because it makes me unique (I am the 1%!). And while I may have to wear SPF 85 whenever I go out in the sun, at least I will have wrinkle-free skin when I'm 40, goddammit!
Thankfully, the fashion industry recognizes the beauty of my genetic mutation. Supermodels Karen Elson and Lily Cole have starred in countless editorials and ad campaigns (for Elson, most recently and notably this). Other up-and-coming redheaded models such as Olga Sherer and Chantal Stafford-Abbott were featured extensively in the S/S 12 shows. Additionally, the omnipresent Marie Claire editor Taylor Tomasi Hill has been snapped by many a street style photographer (she's not a true redhead but her efforts are oh so appreciated).
So I say, to the redheads of the world, never let the haters stop you from doing your thing.


Karen Elson

Deborah Ann Woll

Alice Gibb

Olga Sherer

Florence Welch

Chantal Stafford-Abbott

Taylor Tomasi Hill

Alice Burdeu

Lily Cole 


Images via style.com; fashionising.com and Google

No comments:

Post a Comment